The world will say goodbye to Usain Bolt as a competitor at the 2017 IAAF World Championships in London.
As we count down to the start of the event on 4 August 2017, now is a good time to take stock and discover just what makes Bolt so special. We've compiled the numbers, quotes and facts that make Usain stand out as the greatest - and most entertaining - sprinter in history.
Bolt by The Numbers
Statistics often define the careers of top athletes. And Bolt has some of the most impressive- across any sport.
Bolt - What They Say
There's never been an athlete like Usain Bolt, and who knows if there ever will be again? His charisma and energy have electrified audiences and fans around the world and his performances have led to the creation of some of the most memorable sound bites in track athletics history. Bolt's fellow athletes, past and present, have been just as effusive about him as the sports journalists who write about him...
"It looked like his knees were going past my face."
- Three time world champion sprinter Tyson Gay, commenting on Bolt's 100m WR time at the 2008 Reebok Grand Prix
"We were in awe, man, we were in awe of what just happened. The way it happened. The dude ran nine-six. Celebrating."
- Darvis Patton, who finished 8th, on Bolt's performance in the 2008 Beijing Olympics 100m final
"It felt like I was in a video game, that guy was moving - fast."
- 2004 Olympic champion Shawn Crawford, after Bolt's 200m world record at the 2009 IAAF World Championships
"It's the equivalent of having a penalty kick to win the World Cup, and he's back-heeling the ball into the goal. He's having the time of his life, and he's taking you along with him."
- Four time Olympic medallist Ato Boldon, commenting on Bolt's pre-race antics
"He is just better than everyone else."
- Four time Olympic champion Michael Johnson
"He is an icon. He is the best sprinter of all time."
- Olympic President Jacques Rogge
What are you waiting for? Make like Bolt and snap up one of our exclusive hospitality packages for one of the 100m races at the IAAF World Championships...before they are gone!